Parents are notified by text message or phone call if the child is not at school and the school has no explanation.
Reporting an Absence
You can notify the school of absences by:
- Phoning the school office and leaving a message on the answer phone, 03 684 5566
- Texting the school – waimasc (space) message send it to 3255
- Emailing the school office, email@example.com
- Sending a note to the school office with a sibling
- Use the HERO APP to report an absence
Absences for Non-Illness:
If you are choosing to take your child out of school for a period of time under the Education Act you are required to officially ‘seek permission’ in writing from the Principal. This means a letter or email to the Principal seeking their permission stating the dates and purpose of the absences or complete the attached form.