Whaia te iti kahurangi- me he tuohu koe ki te maunga teitei
Pursue your dream to the fullest, if you should fail let it be to a lofty mountain
A happy Wai Learner is a curious, respectful, motivated, reflective, team player.
All students will leave Waimataitai School as successful students who have a high level of attainment in literacy and numeracy and an ongoing desire to learn. They will have a desire to be good citizens within whatever community they enter or belong to. They will be resilient and accepting and tolerant of others in increasingly diverse world.
Striving for excellence and achievement in all areas
Waimataitai School will;
- Be recognised for promoting an education that meets the needs of each individual
- Be seen as a school that encourages ideas and input from our community
- Be seen as a school that focuses on innovative practice
- Be a school recognised as part of a wider learning community
- Be identified as a school that has an attractive, stimulating and safe learning environment