BYOD Bring Your Own Device
Our school will continue to provide a strong fibre backbone, switches, servers and wireless network suitable to the needs
of our learners and curriculum.
Our BYOD Policy
- We are not going to insist that a student has to bring their own device to school, this is a family choice
- No child will be disadvantaged as we will still provide sufficient access at school for all students to access what they require, it may simply mean they need to wait
- The increased use of mobile devices does NOT mean that the importance of literacy and numeracy diminishes. Devices can provide further motivation for students to engage in their learning.
- eLearning technology can encourage children to think in different ways and provides further motivation to learn.
Access to the school network is restricted to school time and there are a number of security measures in place.
Acceptable Use Agreement
The Practicalities – How this will work
- Parents, students and school sign the agreement
- Student brings their device to the technician on a Friday
- Each device has its own smart password set up at school. (this allows for monitoring of use and identifying any issues)
- Students are only able to access the wireless network from 9am until 12pm, then 12.40 until 3pm.
Devices are not permitted out of class during breaks.
- Classes have agreed to where the devices will be secured during break times.